3 July 2010

Sweet Saturday - Chocolate Mousse

Since I'm such a sweet tooth I love making desserts. I thought it would be nice to share one with you every week on Saturday, so we can all enjoy a Sweet Saturday :-)
I'll start with my chocolate mouse for which I'm rather famous with the family in law. I looked at many different recipes, combined these and honed it it further over the years.



Ingredients for 4 persons:
  • 150 gr dark chocolate 
  • 50 gr milk chocolate
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 egg whites
  • 4 table spoons of icing sugar
  • 2 dl of cream
  • 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
  • chocolate buttons or chopped dark choclate
Melt the 200 gr of chocolate au bain marie or use microwave, but be careful not to burn it.
Whip the egg yolks with 2 table spoons of icing sugar, than mix with the melted chocolate.
Whip the egg whites with 2 table spoons of icing sugar until stiff (white peaks) than SPOON through the chocolate mix. To make this easier mix a little through it first than spoon the rest through so not to loose the air so carefully trapped in the egg whites. 
Whip the cream with the vanilla sugar and SPOON this through the mix. 
Finally add some chocolate buttons for a little crunch. 
Put in one big bowl or individual bowls as you prefer and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours before serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I love chocolate mousse! I have a very good recipe too - passed on from my mom but I'll definately give this a try! ;)

    ReplyDelete