21 July 2010

Loves Lavender

We have lavender in our garden, it smells just great. It's a large variety which is very fragrant, I love to sit on the bench which is surrounded by the lavender and just take in the lovely scent and listen to the buzzzzzing of the bumble bees. The lavender attracts so many insect to our garden, the moths surprise me, since I always think of them as creatures of the night. And the bumble bees make me smile, they are so happy.









From left to right I present you:
  • the Bombus terrestris or 'aardhommel' in Ducth
  • the  Bombus hypnorum or 'boomhommel'
  • the 2 above together
  • a moth or 'motje'
  • a cabbage white butterfly or 'koolwitje'

1 comment:

  1. So beautful! Love love love lavender! But mine doesn't look this good anymore this year.

    ReplyDelete