14 March 2013

Story Bowl: Scuba Divers

This bowl was a commission for a wedding present, the couple share the passion of scuba diving and that's also how they met. I pondered long on the theme, how to capture this in a story bowl. The material would be porcelain, no doubt there, but how to position the divers, what else to feature, .... I decided to start with a sea creature an imagined sea horse:


 Than the bowl and the divers followed soon and a starfish too, a red one I knew straight away.

I made some fishes and all was fired. I glazed the fishes, seahorse, starfish and divers and fired all again.
Than the fishes and seahorse needed to be strung across the bowl.







A fair trade box makes this gift complete.
Wishing the couple many many more happy years of scuba diving.

1 comment: